At GOP outreach dinner, Obama picks up the tab

He’s always been latched onto the government teat; where did he get the money for this? Roll Eyes

As part of his effort to improve relations between the White House and Capitol Hill, President Obama dined with a small group of Republican senators this evening and, according to the White House, he paid for the dinner out of his own pocket.

Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Okla.; Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.; Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga.; John Hoeven, R-N.D.; John McCain, R-Ariz.; Bob Corker, R-Tenn.; Mike Johanns, R-Neb.; Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.; Richard Burr, R-N.C.; Dan Coats, R-Ind., Ron Johnson, R-Wis.; and Pat Toomey, R-Pa.; are among the senators who joined the president for dinner tonight. The group dined at the Jefferson Hotel a few blocks from the White House.

“The president greatly enjoyed the dinner and had a good exchange of ideas with the senators,” a senior administration official said.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to At GOP outreach dinner, Obama picks up the tab

1. noblindersonme says:

The fact that the ‘guests’ of Obama were all republicans means nothing to you???
    Perhaps they, according to your ‘ no free lunch’ bullshit mantra, should have offerred to pay their own tabs!!!
    This is like that Woody Allen line in ‘Annie Hall’. Old bitty’s bitchin about the free food at some haughty hoopteedo, and whining “And such small portions!”
    You know ass hat , if this ( Obama is sucking off the taxpaper teat) was serious issue , which it isn’t , all those teat suckers on the republican side could of said politely ‘No Thank you! We should all meet at Olive Garden and we will pay our own tab”!
    It is easy to see why Kev found fellowship with those republicans dining on the taxpaper tab, he /they have long wanted to ‘have their cake and eat it too’!

2. noblindersonme says:

this blog has surely degenerated , hasn’t it!
    kev punches up a not -well- thought- out, cherry picked dismissive usually aimed poorly at the democrats , solely designed to showcase Kevin’s self imagined, thimble’s sized wit.
    I respond ,feeling combative, and secure in my replys knowing I don’t look at life through a prism and have the life’s experiences that don’t leave me in a hypocritical position.
    Chagrined , but not willing to admit to the truths I just enlightened him to , Kev then responds with some juvenile equivalent of ‘ your Mom wears combat boots- phhttt!”

How many comments have you received in the past year? how many fans have you gained lately? Maybe it is time to retire!

• bison fan in nw mn says:

You’re one of the ‘free lunch’ jokers buddy!

• noblindersonme says:

I live in NE NDak buddy, not far from your moniker nw mn Bison , and I graduated from NDSU ( 69-73) ( I sat in the stands at old outdoor BISON field and watched Jim LeClair almost single handedly slam down the offense in 72 , I think.) You want my address buddy ? Aint too far for you to come up and check me out and see for yourself if I am free luncher! I am in my 60′s , a life long farmer and recently I found out I need my shoulders replaced because 40 + years of hard work has worn out the cartilige in my arms , you want to see the x-rays ? This winter I was still able to wrangle down my bull calves , 200 #ers and put those little rubber cheerios on their testicles. Any time buddy you want to visit me and see for yourself which one of us you want to call a ‘slacker’ ,me or Kev, you are welcome . There is a difference between a keyboard blowhard and the real men who live out here.
        or are you a keyboard coward too.

3. Avatar of Kevin Kevin says:

My parents didn’t give me a farm to retire to along with lifetime government subsidies like yours did.

• noblindersonme says:

now didn’t kevin’s reply to me just confirm what I proposed my second post?

• noblindersonme says:

btw my area is still filled with 80 and 90 year olds (inc my mother) who would probably beat the crap out of you with their canes if you told then face to face that their sons and daughters did not deserve to inherit the farm that they broke their bodies working on. ‘ and your parents would probably be ashamed of their son for making these smart ass remarks.